How to improve Clinical Practice in Ultrasound Probe Decontamination
Best Clinical Practice in Ultrasound Infection Prevention
How to Integrate Scientific Evidence into Best Clinical Practice
Dr. David J. Weber, MD, MPH, FIDSA, FSHEA, FRSM
Provides an insight into Best Research Evidence, who has a strong background in researching Healthcare-associated Infection and developing Guidelines (2008 CDC Guideline – Disinfection and Sterilization in Healthcare Facilities).
- How to Integrate Scientific Evidence into Best Clinical Practice
- Assessing Scientific Evidence: Disinfectants and Disinfecting devices
Webinar on Demand - Part 1
Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Best Research Evidence Supports Clinical Change in Ultrasound Probe Reprocessing
Dr. Craig Meyers, Ph.D.
Gives his expertise in HPV research. He was the first lab to develop a technique to grow natural High-Risk HPV that causes 70% of cervical cancer and other anogenital cancers. He discusses how his research has been applied in changing clinical practice globally in ultrasound probe reprocessing.
- HPV best research evidence supports clinical change in Ultrasound probe reprocessing
- HPV Research test protocols, what product models have been tested and results published
What are the three major aspects of evidence that you need to critically appraise
Webinar on Demand - Part 2
Q&A Discussion on Ultrasound Probe Reprocessing
- What is the process for a manufacturer to have their medical device tested against HPV and what is the time frame?
- How do we find out if a company has tested against your native HPV testing protocol?
- What should you look for or how do you determine if the incorrect Research Methodology has been used?
- When a disinfection system is modified does its efficacy need to be retested
- What disinfection systems havet been tested to be effective against HPV yet?
Webinar on Demand - Part 3
Medical teams today use evidence-based practice (EBP) to be effective in changing clinical practice in ultrasound probe reprocessing. They need to have a comprehensive understanding and knowledge in their decision- making process of how to critically analyse and review peer-reviewed published research to obtain Best Research Evidence. Without the best research evidence, you are only a person with an opinion!
This is demonstrated in how Human Papillomavirus (HPV) best research evidence has been used to support clinical change in Ultrasound probe reprocessing to reduce cross-infection risk while improving quality patient care.
- What is Evidence-Based Practice?
- Why is Evidence-Based Practice important?
- What happened before Evidence-Based Practice?
- Is all published research of good quality?
- HPV best research evidence that supports clinical change in ultrasound probe reprocessing?