Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Best Research Evidence Supports Clinical Change in Ultrasound Probe Reprocessing
How HLD Systems are Tested to Kill HPV
Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Best Research Evidence
Dr. Craig Meyers, Ph.D.
Gives his expertise in HPV research. He was the first lab to develop a technique to grow natural High-Risk HPV 16 & 18 that causes 70% of cervical cancer and other anogenital cancers. He discusses how his research has been applied in changing clinical practice globally in ultrasound probe reprocessing.
- HPV best research evidence supports clinical change in Ultrasound probe reprocessing
- HPV Research test protocols, what product models have been tested and results published
What are the three major aspects of evidence that you need to critically appraise.
Q&A Discussion topics
- What is the process for a manufacturer to have their medical device tested against HPV and what is the time frame?
- How do we find out if a company has tested against your native HPV testing protocol?
- What should you look for or how do you determine if the incorrect Research Methodology has been used?
- When a disinfection system is modified does its efficacy need to be retested
- What disinfection systems havet been tested to be effective against HPV yet?